BCCN Berlin's Mission Statement
UNDERSTANDING THE BRAIN – that is the BCCN Berlin’s scientific mission.
To get closer to this goal we aim to
- bridge the gap between theory and experiment in the brain sciences by:
- fostering a close interaction between theoreticians and experimenters
- making experimental and clinical neuroscience more quantitative
- bringing theory closer to experiments.
- provide the knowledge of our fundamental research to:
- support the development of new technical systems in the health sector
- support the development of high-tech devices for the modern society.
We use a broad spectrum of experimental and mathematical methods (data analysis, pattern recognition, modelling, etc) to build and test models of the brain. We are convinced that, applying mathematics and theoretical methods is crucial for understanding brain functions and dysfunctions.